Video Competition “BioSafe Pakistan”
Pakistan Biological Safety Association (PBSA) is pleased to announce a video competition “BioSafe Pakistan” starting from 15th June 2017.
The aim of the competition is to spread awareness of biosafety and biosecurity through audio visual means which will have impact on individuals, working groups and general community and increase the level of awareness and knowledge regarding biosafe practices. This activity will be dedicated to promote a sense of responsibility and increase learning capabilities among health care professionals, laboratory workers, biotechnologists, agriculturists, veterinarians, researcher, students and general public.
This competition is a unique opportunity for everyone across the country to present their creative videos highlighting the issues related to safety in fields related to health, agriculture, animal and chemical industries (biosafety) what are the risks to workers and general public, how these can be prevented (biosecurity) and managed effectively(biorisk management)
- Waste disposal (hospital, veterinary set up, chemical industry etc.)
- Infection Control (hospitals, laboratories etc.)
- Availability and effective Use of protective gears (Personal Protective Equipment) hospital, veterinary set up, chemical industry
- Improving biosafety culture through different International and National rule/regulations and guidelines
- Safe use of laboratory / industrial equipment (BSC, centrifuges, fume hood, etc.)
- Risks related to use of genetically modified organisms / seeds in agriculture industry in Pakistan
- Emergency response(hospital, veterinary set up, chemical industry
Above themes are not inclusive, unique safety issues relevant to workers and general public in either fields are welcomed
- You are require to prepare individually or as a group a video on a subject with duration of 10 minutes.
- Prepare a DVD and mail to address: Dr. Javed Muhammad, Program Coordinator, Room # 12, Pakistan Academy of Sciences Building, 3-Constitution Avenue, G 5/2, Islamabad
- Last date of submission is 15th July 2017.
- Videos received from far flung areas will be given due priority.
- All videos pertaining to the subject will be awarded a certificate.
- Cash prize of Rs 10,000, 8,000 and 6,000 will be awarded to the top three winners.
- Videos will also be display on official PBSA website.
Please refer to the following links for some effective means of developing an audio visual training resource:
Click here to download advertisement